Eight HSE Principles.
Our Health, Safety & Environment Policy is based on and supported by
the following eight Principles:
- All injuries, occupational illnesses & environmental incidents are preventable
- All operational exposures can be safeguarded
- Safety & environmental assessment of all business processes is vital
- Working safely is a condition of employment
- Training all employees to work safely & environment friendly is essential
- HSE Management audits are a must
- Employee involvement is essential in all HSE issues
- All deficiencies must be reported and corrected promptly.
- International exposure with appreciation of local realities. SOBETRA has operated in the region for more than 20 years.
- Long experience working in the region under very challenging conditions e.g. DRC and Northern Uganda.
- Flexibility within the company since the decision makers are involved in the day to day Operations.
- SOBETRA has embraced and is implementing ISO 9001:2015 to ensure superior customer service delivery to all our stakeholders and interested parties.
Quality Assurance & Control
The Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) policy of SOBETRA is to ensure that its projects during construction and when completed comply with both contract and standard specifications, design, local regulations and good work practices.
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
SOBETRA Kenya Limited specialises in the provision of Road Construction and Maintenance, Bridges, Sewerage and Water Systems, Dams, Agriculture projects, Civil and Industrial buildings, Tunnel construction, Oil and gas work to its clients, whilst maintaining the highest ethical, safety, environmental and professional standards while maintaining profitability and competitiveness.
We pledge to:
- Use a risk-based approach to address the requirements of the business both internally and externally.
- Follow the steps of plan-deliver-check-act to ensure all processes are adequately resourced and managed and that opportunities for improvement are followed up.
- Have channels of communication to encourage all employees and their representatives to contribute to improvements in our Quality performance.
- We provide sufficient resources to implement this policy in full.
- Engage, train and retain highly skilled and knowledgeable employees
- Create and maintain modern, fresh, high-tech, clean and appealing environment.
- Develop fast and efficient internal business processes and systems
- Partner with suppliers who are reliable and sensitive to quality
- Manage the business in a manner that will consider all the risks associated with the business and mitigate these as far as possible
- Continuously improve our business by responding to feedback from our stakeholders.
In support of our objectives and to demonstrate our commitment to quality, we operate a business management system in accordance with the requirements ISO 9001:2015, the requirements of our clients and other relevant interested parties and in accordance with the applicable regulatory and statutory compliance obligations. This Quality policy has been made available to our interested parties on the SOBETRAwebsite.
This policy forms the basis of our values and our objectives and will ensure that we build a strong relationship with our customers based on mutual trust and respect. It is communicated throughout the organization and it will be reviewed at annual intervals in line with the business trends and requirements of the Quality Management Standards